Superfly delivered a 90minute introductory workshop in early 2017, leading to securing 2 regular classes a week during their semesters 🙂
Thank you for considering enrolling your child into the Parkour Level 1 Course with Superfly Monkey Dragons. We are very excited to be able to lead this course and look forward to sharing the philosophy, and training techniques that make parkour such a unique and wonderful discipline to develop one’s mind body and spirit!
Please do read on below for more information about
- What is Parkour?
- What will your Child Learn
- Benefits of Parkour
In order to maximise outcomes for the students and make the course the best it can be, please do ask your child to fill in the survey form here.
2 Classes will be scheduled:
- P1-P2 – 1.45-3.20pm
- P3-P6 – 3.30-5.00pm
We are also offering the chance to pre-order a Superfly T-shirt at a great discount (usually retail these for $38) but as part of the course we are making them available for just $25. Your child can make an order from the survey form.
To see the complete collection head to http://superfly.asia.
If you have any questions – please leave a message on the green help button on the bottom left of the screen.
We look forward to sharing the love of movement with your child starting on Thursday 31st August, 2018!
Superfly Monkey Dragons
What is Parkour?
A discipline to develop one’s mind, body and spirit.
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN
Over the course of the 12 weeks we aim to give your child an experience and understanding of the following :
- Body Intelligence
- Better awareness of their body
- Develop better co-ordination and balance
- Training for longevity and mobility
- Engaging the total body for a true functional fitness workout
- Parkour Philosophy
- Leave no Trace
- Open Mind
- Start Together / Finish Together
- Techniques – Discover new ways of moving their body and how to overcome obstacles
- Breaking falls / Landing Techniques
- Climbing (how to climb up obstacles)
- Dismounts (how to climb off obstacles)
- Flow – the concept of combining movements together in a graceful form.
To Be and To Last
As a parent you may have some concerns about the safety of parkour – especially if you have seen any of the many videos on Youtube. While what you see is certainly a part of parkour, it represents the very highest level of skills from people who have trained years in the discipline. One does not have to execute such moves to be training parkour, in fact when you first start most of the movements and techniques are done on the ground, or at very low heights.
Actually Parkour is safer than most sports like basketball, football and other team sports, because it is a discipline that only involves the practitioner and the environment. There is no risk of accidents between practitioners.
Parkour is all about learning about yourself, your abilities and your limits. When someone understands the training philosophy and operates within those parameters it is one of the safest training available. You only do things when you are ready. At Superfly our goal is to guide students to gain this self awareness and philosophy so they may train and stay healthy and strong for many years to come in line with the philosophy of “TO BE AND TO LAST”
We take a proactive approach towards injury prevention, and one of the keys to that is understanding the situations when injuries and accidents do happen:
- Trying something when you (your body or mind) is not ready. This happens when people attempt something when their body is not strong enough, their technique is honed enough or they are not mentally ready. This is usually caused from over enthusiastic people wanting to try something without the proper training or conditioning. This is where we emphasise to follow the instructors advice and to not attempt anything outside of what is asked. . Over time students will develop their own guidance and wisdom of know when they are ready for new movements.
- Executing a move when your body and mind is too tired, Especially when trying to do something for the first time, or an exercise that challenges you to push your limits. . Always make sure you are 100.
- Not checking surfaces / obstacles before using them. Before landing, climbing over and putting your weight on any obstacle or surface its paramount to check the surfaces are not slippery or have any protruding points that could cause injury as well as making sure the obstacles are stable and strong enough to support the movement.
By observing the above 3 key points. Accidents and injuries should be kept to a minimum. Having said that we are proud to say over nearly 5 years, and teaching 1000’s of students in over 1500 classes from ages 3 to over 60, we have had no broken bones or major accidents in our parkour classes. We hope to keep it that way.
BENEFITS OF PARKOUR
Ultimately its a great escape to take time out for yourself,
but there are many tangible benefits too!
PARKOUR IS AN AWESOME FORM OF MOVING MEDITATION!
No matter what your fitness level,
you can start from wherever you're at today!
Come experience parkour with our team of experienced international parkour instructors who are dedicated to share the essence of this amazing discipline. At Superfly we not only provide structured engaging and challenging curriculum, but also organise regular jams, where coaches and students can informally learn from each other, while having fun as a group.
Parkour is for everybody. Plus parkour requires no special equipment, just you and your environment.
Community is important to us, so we supplement the jams, with social events to experience something different together. Past social events have included Laser Tag, Movies, BBQ, Picnics, and a Visit to a trampoline park. Come move with us! We’d love you to be part of our growing community.
‘Joining Superfly Monkey Dragons is the best decision I have made in years. I am feeling so good. I had a great time attending the flip course and met some awesome people.’
“You’ll never gonna know if you don’t try. I don’t want to regret anything for not trying, so I’m very happy I did, and I’m very happy I enjoyed, and actually I learned so many different things.”
“Picking yourself out of the comfort zone, that is really what this is all about. And I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised to what you can achieve”